Ummati Islamic Centre provides a beautiful learning space for your child through our Evening and Weekend Maktab program.
In this program, your child will learn the following subjects:
- Qa’ida (Beginners)
- Nazira (Basic Reading)
- Hifz (Memorization)
- Students also learn Du’as, Surahs, Kalimas, Allaah’s names, and Salaah. These learning outcomes are monitored individually for each student.
In addition, every Saturday, our Maktab holds a special Islamic studies program, where students are also taught the following subjects:
- Akhlaaq wal Adaab
|Monday||5:00 pm to 6:30 pm|
|Tuesday||5:00 pm to 6:30 pm|
|Saturday||11:00 am to 12:30 pm|
|Sunday||11:00 am to 12:30 pm|
- Register for Maktab by filling out the Maktab Registration Form here.
- Register for Islamic Studies classes only by filling out the Islamic Studies Registration form here.
- $40/month + $10 one time fee at the time of registration for Islamic Studies
Maktab rules and regulations:
We are looking forward to teaching/working with your child in our community. In order to establish a safe, caring, and respectful environment in our classroom, we need to work together. Our hope and goal are that our class will be a community where everyone feels safe and is able to learn Quran and Ahadeeth and lead our lives according to the teachings of Islam. The process of communicating and learning sets a tone of respect, unity, class discipline, and punctuality. We have therefore generated the following classroom rules to help create a disciplinary environment:
- Come to Class on time.
- Have washroom routine done at home and make wudu before coming to class.
- Please parents make sure your child comes to class in proper attire for the respect of The Quran Sharif. Avoid wearing clothes with faces, cartoon characters, or weird comments on them. Make sure clothes are not smelly or dirty especially socks and shoes. Girls should wear proper hijab and avoid wearing tights and small shirts. They should cover themselves properly by wearing tops that are knee-length. Boys should wear long sleeves and wear a head covering ( topi). Jeans are not allowed.
- Bring all books and relevant material to the class. (especially pencils)
- If unable to attend the class due to some valid reason, please call or leave a message.
- If the child misses 3 consecutive classes without letting the teacher know, he/she will not be allowed back in class.
- If the Quran sabaq is not done or is not perfect, he/she will not be given further sabaq. If the sabaq is missed 3 times in a period of 10 days, the child will be moved back.
- To assure the safety of kids, please remind the kids to stay inside the premises.
- In case of any conflict situation amongst kids on the premises, please notify the teacher as soon as possible so that proper action is taken in order to avoid any misunderstanding and misconduct. Do not approach the kid or parent directly without letting the teacher know.
- For Mothers, if any concerns/queries or suggestions please feel free to contact the teachers either by phone or a note.
- Educate your child to be responsible for themselves, their belongings, and respect the classroom environment.
- If a child is frequently having difficulty following the classroom rules, his/her parents will be notified so that we can discuss the situation, and possibly come up with an alternative behavior plan.
It is in your child’s best interest that we all work together. Jazakallahu Khairan for your support.
Ummati Islamic Centre